Thursday, March 11, 2010

busy busy busy...

Sorry I haven't written in a while! my life has been out of control lately, and I've been mad sick for the past week. :( <--- sad face.

So I met a guy this weekend. That's exciting. Then I almost threw-up on him. Which was not exciting.

But! can someone please explain this to me, please.

Texting. Flirty Texting.

I tried to explain it to my mom on the phone and she was like "It's the modern day equivalent to passing notes in class". Ok, thats great. But I have absolutely no idea how to do it. In fact it's kind of embarrassing on my part. And actually, it isn't really my fault. The last relationship i was in was right before the age of unlimited texting, and we saw each other every day so phone calls and texts weren't really important.

but since this boy and I are on opposite sides of the state at different universities, i'm afraid this is doomed to be another story in my long novel of guys who seem to be interested, but then nothing ever happens. I can never seem to tie one down for very long. whether it's me or just my lack of ability to make myself sound appealing over text messaging, i'll never know.

But I'm kind of over having to be the one to take the lead in these kind of things. which seriously shows how much I've grown in the past couple of years because I used to be the total opposite. If a boy seemed interested I was usually the first to plant the idea in his head. Now, if he's interested in getting to know me, Which he is, then he can get to know me. I'll help out when neccessary to get to know him too obviously, but I just want to be pursued and there is nothing wrong with that.

ok more later. I have to go to class! BYE!

Patagonia

1 comment:

  1. 1. Thank you so much for your encouraging, sweet comment. It meant a lot to me. It sounds like you were blessed to have a wonderful college education and I have no doubt once I'm 2 years out of school, it won't seem like such a big deal and will in fact seem like a blessing as well. Just in the midst it's frustrating.
    2. Just checked out Seth Godin's book. Looks amazing, can't wait to get my hands on it! Thanks for the rec!
    3. Love that your blog is called "Pearls and Patagonia." LOVE it!
    4. Pfft with texting and flirting and WHATEVER. I am in the same boat, girl. Guys are meant to pursue us and even though they don't act like it- they want it. This might seem backward but I avoid making myself "easily accessible" and it's hard sometimes, especially in certain situations ;) but I want to be with someone who I know 100% wants to be with me and WORKED for it. That's how we're wired and I'll wait for it ;) Hope you will too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete