Sunday, March 21, 2010

old friends, new friends... & more interviews

This has been a great weekend! On Friday night, several of my college friends were in town for a wedding, so I got to have dinner and catch up with them, which was great! I can't believe it has been almost 2 years since we graduated, but it was so great to have some time with them!

Saturday was a GORGEOUS day, so after spending as much of the day as possible outside, I spent the night hanging out with my two best friends from work. Our schedules aren't always the same, so it had been almost a month since the three of us had hung out... it was much needed catch up time!

Then this morning, an old friend (we'll call her Seamstress--she's the one I went to Texas with last weekend) and I tried out a new church... and it was great! I was really happy with the music and preacher at the church I'd been going to, but I found it SO hard to connect with people, so today we went to a Methodist church (Seamstress and I grew up together at a Methodist church), and we decided to give Sunday School a shot... it was GREAT! We made new friends in Sunday School, had people to sit with during the service, and all went to lunch together afterwards! I also realized... I really love a lot of the elements of a traditional church service. It was so nice to say the Apostles Creed and sing the Doxology and just to have those familiar things. So... I think this is the church (for real this time)!

Also--I have ANOTHER interview this week for that job I want. Super excited I made it to the next round... but ready for the process to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment